What's in a name?




Hi ladies and gentlemen, I apologise profusely for neglecting to update my blog, however I did go away for a little while and had no internet connection other than on my blackberry!

Anyway here is a little story that I found quite hilarious when I read it:

So what's in a name? opportunity apparently! A lady has changed her name to ‘Mrs Lorraine Darla I Hate Thomas Cook And It’s Associates Big Shot Company Treading On The Little Guy Leeks’. She had a little trouble with the company after she booked the tickets for her honeymoon in her married name but then did not have enough time to change the name on her passport. This more than likely happens all the time and it is a little irritating that Thomas Cook would benefit from it in the form of a nifty little charge. (On the flip-side its the nature of the game and one has to get themselves through a recession somehow!

She does say that this was a 'crazy moment' as opposed to her lashing out at the company. Something tells me not, she could have just as easily changed her name to: Mrs Lorraine Darla I am Crazy And Am Having A Moment Leeks'

In order for one to change their name they must go through the Legal Deed Poll Service. A Deed Poll legally binds the person who signs it to a particular course of action as detailed on the Deed Poll document. When you get a Deed of Change of Name you are bound by the following rules and should not make silly decisions like this lady has:

You are legally committing yourself to:
  • Abandoning the use of your former name;
  • Using your new name only at all times;
  • Requiring all persons to address you by your new name only.

There are many a name that I could change mine to involving T-Mobile. This is me avoiding defamation charges, I haven't said anything, it's all in your head.

No Response to "What's in a name?"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

follow this blog with bloglovin'


all your legal needs

Copyright © 2009 Law Ad Libitum All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes