Emergency Fashion!


I know, I can be a bit dramatic with these titles, but it is important to get your attention. You know that it is my overall aim to entertain educate you with these blogs and since I was not an die-hard blogger during the election campaign, you will be subjected to my disdain of the coalition government through these random posts.

George Osborne (the wonderful chancellor) will be delivering the emergency budget and who knows what will actually crop up. There have been talks of tax increases and reducing a £6bn deficit, but as consumers, employees, business owners and fashion lovers, what effect will the budget have on us.


  • The treasury is considering increasing alcohol duty by 5% - yes I know, the thought of paying more for alcohol seems ludicrous.
  • VAT is likely to be hiked to approximately 20% - for those of you that are thinking so what. Remember the blissful times when VAT was at 15% and you would go to the till and everything would be just that bit cheaper. Well now your shopping experience will be tainted with a few more pounds coming out of your pocket, and your phone and restaurant bills looking higher than ever. 
  • CGT (Capital Gains Tax) is likely to increase from 18% to 40% or even 50% - for shareholders and second home owners this is going to be tragic, if you have a second home and you are looking to sell then it will really effect how much you pocket.
  • And the ever famous 1% rise in National Insurance for employees - the basis of the conserviative party campaign. Well. That will be going ahead of course, not because Gordy was correct and has done an excellent job bringing us through a global recession but because its the Lib Dems fault duh!

Whatever the outcome of the emergency budget, there is likely to be some form of strangulation squeeze on our pockets! To get the best info tomorrow, have a look at leading law firm Olswang's Budget Blog which will actually be interactive, so don't sit there scratching your heads, get your questions and answers in.

An emergency budget does mean emergency fashion. Here are examples of strange people looking good for less. I may add one of me later when I get onto my laptop. Check out where they got these low cost pieces at Blazer Whore and Through My Aiz:



(okay so I cut out my face because I was a little excited about the flash! Dress: Vintage Skirt hiked up, Belt: Primark, Boots: Barrats (but had for years), Cardigan: Vintage)

    9 Response to Emergency Fashion!

    21 June 2010 at 06:51

    I think that by 'strange people' you really meant to say 'awesome'...in which case I TOTALLY AGREE!!

    21 June 2010 at 06:54

    You totally went for a sensationalist headline there! :p

    If I'd done it, people would have lambasted me for being a hit-whore, not that I'm implying you're one of course! ;-)

    21 June 2010 at 06:58

    Nicola. yes thats exactly what you look like. awesome.

    And Michael, I am unfamiliar with the term 'hit-whore' but very brave of you to imply I am a whore.

    On that note, everything I do on my blog at this point is 'sensationalist' I'm a newbie, I need followers, simples.

    Also...
    I think you should become a follower of my blog since you already are.

    21 June 2010 at 07:02

    Mikey dearest, are you NOT a follower? how shocking! but you write here every single day!

    21 June 2010 at 07:03

    also. I look awesome? awww! thanks. :D

    21 June 2010 at 07:17

    hehe... a hit whore is someone who crafts their blog/website content (often lowering their standards of content) for the sake of gaining extra traffic or 'hits'. It's something I've been accused occasionally by other members of the 'sphere - it's like water off a rubber glove to me now! ;-)

    I don't follow any blogs using blogger's thingy... but I subscribe to your blog via my RSS reader so I'm always updated when you pump out new content! :-)

    Nicola, I know... I just can't keep away! :p

    21 June 2010 at 07:22

    ahh i see! well go you on the whole RSS thing, thats something I might look into later.

    Like I said, my whole blog IS crafted for the sake of gaining extra traffic/hits/readers/commentators after all whats a blog with no readers.

    I should change it to Law-Whore.blogspot.com
    but that sounds too much like legalised prostitution... hmmm

    21 June 2010 at 07:22
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    21 June 2010 at 16:14

    wow...erm this is an intense conversation. hit-whores, legal whores, b;azer whores...im sensing a very common wench of a theme...HA [see what i did there?]

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
     

    follow this blog with bloglovin'


    all your legal needs

    Copyright © 2009 Law Ad Libitum All rights reserved.
    Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes