We killed it with our power heels.

Romance. I think we've killed it. At first I thought that we had bruised it ever so slightly and then there was definitely a move towards some sort of assault, at the very least a s47 offence. But now I have come to the firm understanding that it is in fact completely and most certainly dead.

I'm not sure if Emmeline Pankhurst knew that she was making a direct attack on our ovaries when she demanded that we have the 'right' to vote. I'm also pretty sure that Condoleezza Rice did not know she was creating a new wave of women who would put a bullet in the proverbial heart of all things sweet and flowery.

However it seems that while we protested by providing awkward figures on male to female employees in high powered city jobs and threw our hands up at the likes of Beyoncé as she called for all the 'Laydays who in-dependent', we simultaneously cemented the fact that we can own our own house and car and provide for ourselves.

So onto the topic of what has become the swearword in the graduate office... marriage. If a girl is honest with herself, she would like to have a whirlwind romance, fall in love, get married and have an army of little babies that look just like her.

But unlike the good old days when a young fellow knew what he had to do to capture the heart of his fair maiden, there is now this awkward:

"Hi, I find you attractive but am in no way demeaning your role as a woman, I would like to marry you one day and have babies with you, but you look concerned about taking time off work, I also feel a little emasculated because your salary is close to mine. Can we go on a date. I'll pay, but you can pay if you want to. In fact lets go halves, in the name of equality."


Now we could place all the blame on the men, because lets face it, women are great and it's ALL their fault but it is likely this would be replied with:

"Hi, I find you really attractive don't find you attractive because it is demeaning for me to even admit that. I do not appreciate you paying for things because I can pay my own way really wish you would break your arms to pay for everything I want right now. I would love to go on a date with you can't go on a date because I have a meeting with a partner in the morning and am in direct competition with you. Please be a man and make such a grand romantic gesture that I can explain to all my friends that I just HAD to go out with you. I'll email you if I'm free."




I could go on and fully explain what I mean but I have Law School in the morning and I think the picture says it all. Its sad really, but I think I'll wear my Jaeger suit to the funeral. *sigh*

3 Response to We killed it with our power heels.

3 November 2010 at 01:56

Yeah, but they made us do it. It devastates me that women have to apologise for success, because apparently if we don't 'got our own' we want all of theirs'. All in all it really is a sad state of affairs especially in this relationship climate of one reasonable male to 25 reasonable females. Unfortunately for ovaries up and down the country and indeed the world everything is a game, we just have to take all of our degree enhanced brains into the arena...

Let's not get it twisted though, I will never say no to free food.

x

3 November 2010 at 01:56

Failing that, let's all blame our dads...

9 November 2010 at 10:46

Miss behaviour, you always will make me laugh!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

follow this blog with bloglovin'


all your legal needs

Copyright © 2009 Law Ad Libitum All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes