He said he likes me, so I've opened a savings account!

Yes thats right guys, its no longer boy meets girl, fall in love, get married, have babies, raise them then think about potential university fees and other financial splurges along the way. Not on this side of the pond. Our beloved condem government who are so highly regarded in this blog have gone and tripled the university cap, suddenly, drastically and without remorse.


I must say that I was told in order to succeed in my chosen field I should demonstrate no extreme political opinion, especially if it was anything near left wing. But meh, the word on the street from Through My Aiz is that the law firms have given up on people who study law at undergrad anyway.


Now back to the matter at hand, just incase you have decided to cut yourself off from the civilised world or perhaps even just cut off your ears after hearing your 64th online lecture at law school. From 2012, Universities will be allowed to charge up to £9000 for ONE year of education at their fine establishments. It is supposed to be a war on pointless degrees but it would be easier if they just axed the LLB because judging from the percentage of GDL students on the LPC that comes TOP for pointless degerees... I digress again (I'm so sorry!!)




But its not a free for all, universities have been strictly warned that if they even dare charge over £6000 they will be subject to 'fair access conditions' and will have to demonstrate they are improving access for disadvantaged students. Yes, thats right, prove you are doing all you can to ensure the poorer children can go to university, then when they apply charge them £27,000 for it. Excellent.






I know what you are thinking, I'm not a politician so what do I know? Well I do know that graduate unemplyoment is at its highest in about 20 years and I do know that certain members of certain parties in power in certain countries have never actually had a job/owned a business outside of politics in their life so don't know what it means to not have an allowance to take advantage of spend. And I also know that there is a new love story in town and it goes like this:


Once upon a time you meet a guy, he shows interest, you like him kind of, start saving! because IF you happen to have babies, it really will be too late to start saving £27,000 when they are born JUST for university.


Sigh.


Rant over.


I'm a really happy person on the inside. Please don't let anything convince you otherwise.





xx

9 Response to He said he likes me, so I've opened a savings account!

9 November 2010 at 10:44

i LOVE THIS.

9 November 2010 at 10:47

hee hee DANKE!

9 November 2010 at 10:47

see what I did there, I really AM bilingual!

9 November 2010 at 10:54

oh dear...

11 November 2010 at 05:14

Sounds like you're getting broody! Might want to finish your LPC first! :p

11 November 2010 at 05:22

Meh! to the LPC, i'm just going to be a housewife anyway, may as well just drop out and start now! :(

11 November 2010 at 05:30

I take it you're not enjoying the LPC then? I'm yet to meet one person who did, so don't worry. :-)

You could always do what most of the female bloggers in the US seem to do and get 'sprogged up' whilst in law school, so you've already popped it out before you start in practice? ;-)

11 November 2010 at 05:33

LOL, no no, I doo enjoy it, I think i must be an oDdball but I think its fun... enlightening at the very least. I'm just saying at some point my education soaked brain will feel redundant and its main use will be teaching an 8 year old their 4 times tables.

11 November 2010 at 06:22

Perhaps less 'oddball' 'more exception to the norm', eh?

At least I've encountered someone who liked/ likes it now...

Have you decided what area you think you'd like to practice in yet?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

follow this blog with bloglovin'


all your legal needs

Copyright © 2009 Law Ad Libitum All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes